Tiny Device Server with PoE and 2 RS-232 and 1 RS-485 Ports (RoHS).
The tDS-734 is a Serial-to-Ethernet device server that is designed to add Ethernet and Internet connectivity to any RS-232 and RS-422/485 device, and to eliminate the cable length limitation of legacy serial communication. By using the VxComm Driver/Utility, the built-in COM port of the tDS-734 can be virtualized to a standard PC COM port in Windows. Therefore, users can transparently access or monitor serial devices over the Internet/Ethernet without software modification.
The tDS-734 device server can be used to create a pair-connection application (as well as serial-bridge or serial-tunnel), and can then route data over TCP/IP between two serial devices, which is useful when connecting mainframe computers, servers or other serial devices that do not themselves have Ethernet capability. By virtue of its protocol independence and flexibility, the tDS-734 meets the demands of virtually any network-enabled application.
The tDS-734 offers true IEEE 802.3af-compliant (classification, Class 1) Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality using a standard category 5 Ethernet cable to receive power from a PoE switch such as the NS-205PSE. If there is no PoE switch on site, the tDS-734 will also accept power input from a DC adapter. The tDS-734 is designed for ultra-low power consumption, reducing hidden costs from increasing fuel and electricity prices, especially when you have a huge amount of device servers installed. Reducing the amount of electricity consumed by choosing energy-efficient equipment can have a positive impact on maintaining a green environment.
- Incorporates any RS-232/422/485 serial device in Ethernet.
- Data transmission via Virtual COM or raw TCP connection.
- VxComm Driver for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/7/8/10.
- Max. connections : 1 socket per serial port is suggested.
- Supports pair-connection (serial-bridge, serial-tunnel) applications.
- Supports TCP client-mode and TCP server-mode operations.
- Supports UDP responder for device discovery (UDP Search).
- Static IP or DHCP network configuration.
- Easy firmware update via the Ethernet (BOOTP, TFTP).
- Tiny Web server for configuration (HTTP).
- Contains a 32-bit MCU that efficiently handles network traffic.
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, RJ-45 x 1 (Auto-negotiating, auto MDI/MDIX, LED Indicators).
- Includes redundant power inputs: PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1) and DC jack.
- Allows automatic RS-485 direction control.
- 3000 VDC Isolation and +/-4 kV ESD protection for i versions.
- Male DB-9 or terminal block connector for easy wiring.
- Tiny form-factor and low power consumption.
- RoHS compliant & no Halogen.
- Cost-effective device servers.
- Factory, Building and Home Automation.
- Remote Diagnosis and Management.